Once in awhile we find a chance to do something of unquestionable importance. These opportunities lift our lives out of the ordinary routines of everyday life and allow us to experience meaning and purpose in a direct way.
That’s why I’m going to Haiti in September 2013, and I’m inviting you to come with me.
What We Are Doing
We will be installing a sustainable UV Water Filtration system that will provide clean water for an entire village in Haiti. We will be based in Petit Goave, about 40 miles west of Port au Prince.
This is exciting work! Here are eight good reasons to join this effort!
The trip is open to men and women. There will be work that any person can do to contribute. We can take up to 20 people. If you have friends who would like to go, they are welcome.
This trip is a partnership between Fall Creek Wesleyan Church and Poured-Out Inc., but you don’t have to associated with either organization. Anyone who wants to help others by providing clean water is welcome to join, regardless of their religious affiliation or non-affiliation.
The trip dates are August 31 – September 7, 2013.
The cost of the trip is $1,500. This includes all costs for the trip itself: airfare, ground transportation in Haiti, lodging, and all meals. All you’ll need is a ride to the airport and any spending money that you want to take.
It is acceptable to request that friends support your in prayer on this trip, and financially. When you tell me, “I’m in,” I’ll send you some information on how to present this need to your friends and family.
If finances are a concern to you, let’s talk about it. I believe that if God wants you to do this, there will be a way!
Your payments will be due on this schedule. Please make the checks/payments payable to Fall Creek and we will forward them to Poured-Out.
∗ May 28 – $150 deposit due.
∗ July 19 – $650 Payment Due
∗ August 16 – $700 Final Payment Due
Sign Up Today
1. E-mail me to say “I’m in!”
2. Complete the Poured-Out online application by May 28.
3. Turn in your initial deposit of $150 by May 28. (Bring or send to Michelle Rice, Treasurer, Fall Creek Wesleyan Church, 11721 Olio Rd., Fishers, IN 46037)
* Get a passport if you don’t have one already.
* Get the required immunizations from your doctor or a travel clinic (you may incur some costs; Poured-Out will provide a list of recommended immunizations).
* Complete the Emergency Medical Information, Medical Release Waiver, and Trip Release and Consent from the Volunteer Resource page on Poured-Out web site.
That’s it! I’ll send you details on what to pack, etc., later.
Please contact me with any questions. I’m eager to help you go on this trip!
Also see the Poured-Out Volunteer Resource page for lots of other information.
I’m praying for you. This is a big moment for you, and for me, and for Fall Creek. I believe it will change someone’s life—including yours!
What will you do to get outside your comfort zone this year?